Learning and Development
All new employees are required to complete the National Minimum Training Standards and the Common Induction Standards covering:
- The role of the Adult Social Care Worker
- Your personal development
- Effective communication
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Duty of care
- Person-centred care and support
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Employees are encouraged and supported to study for recognised qualifications including the Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care delivered in a partnership arrangement with a local college judged by Ofsted as outstanding.
We ensure that our managers have the skills they need to provide leadership and support for our workforce through study for the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health and Social Care.
By investing in our employees we are able to:
- Deliver a quality service with skilled and competent workers.
- Provide safe services with workers who are confident and competent.
- Retain employees as they feel valued and supported.
All employees have a Personal Development Plan to ensure that they participate in learning and development and achieve the knowledge, skills and competencies required to meet customer needs.